Wednesday, December 13, 2006

MIMS keeps music alive.



I thought Nitti produced this song, (which is the real reason why Mims and this song are hot) but I realized the little boy didn’t say “This a Nitti beat” in the beginning. (But it still sounds a lot like Sunny V’s F U Pay Me). I guess folks are really taking Fat Joe’s advice and switching to southpaw because this song sounds like an Atlanta joint (which is prolly another reason why it’s hot).

I understand that I’m a visualizer at times, so a lot of you may have never heard this song and don’t realize it will be played out all over the radio, clubs, and televisions for the next three to six months, so I’ll tell you a little more about Mims (which is prolly why my blog is hot too).

Mims, a NY native, released “This Is Why I’m Hot” independently earlier this year and as the buzz surrounding the single started to grow, the TI’s started knocking (which is exactly how the game works nowadays). A bunch of labels tried to sign Mims and he chose to ink with Capitol Records (random). Mims’ debut album Music Is My Savior should be out some time in early 2007, and there’s a “This Is Why I’m Hot” remix with a couple of reggae guys (Junior Reid and Cham but I don’t think it’s that hot).

It’s good to see a new New York rapper not babbling about a whole bunch of nothing. Oh yeah, the video itself is not hot. It’s typical, nuccas standing around looking at the camera like they don’t have ish else to do. And Remy Ma makes an appearance to flaunt her bad weave but that’s about it. But still the song is pretty hot.

Download: “This Is Why I’m Hot”