Thursday, February 22, 2007

Portrait of the Day


Rapper Busta Rhymes has rejected a plea-deal from Prosecutors in his assault case yesterday, 20th February. The deal would have meant that Rhymes, 34, would spend only 6 months in jail for two assault charges. The first charge is for Rhymes attacking his former driver, Eddie Hatchett, during an argument over back-pay. He is also charged for assaulting a fan who allegedly spat on his car in August. He is, however, considering a judge's plea-bargain that would allow him to plea guilty to a lesser assault charge and remain free.

In other news, the Florida beauty shop owner who was allegedly assaulted by Foxy Brown, resulting in her arrest last week, has told the New York Post "I hired a lawyer. I hope to pay off my mortgage with whatever I get"- referring to a lawsuit he is about to launch against the rapper. IMO he deserves nothing if all he wants is money instead of justice. Plus, I don't think Foxy has any money left!